The Canadian Urban Transit Research & Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC) is currently seeking a Operations Coordinator to optimize the production process, identifying, and solving problems that exist at any level of the business, and ensuring that employees have access to and follow any operational guidelines necessary for the smooth functioning and success of CUTRIC.
About CUTRIC’s Culture
CUTRIC is a highly dynamic and fast-paced innovation consortium. Despite being a not-for-profit, the team culture operates more like a start-up technology company than an industry association. CUTRIC team members are inter-disciplinary, widely knowledgeable, science- and technology-driven, and passionate about the environment and mobility innovation.
CUTRIC welcomes and supports diversity in the workplace because we believe it makes us stronger and smarter. Candidates with diverse experiences and backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
An Operations Coordinator is the liaison between employees and management executives within the organization. They are responsible for the delivery of planning and coordination tasks in the organization, for understanding the needs and challenges of each department of the company, and for creating an organized and collaborative working environment that benefits the employees as much as it benefits the success of the business. Additionally, an Operations Coordinator is responsible for initiatives that contribute to ensure optimal productivity and efficiency.
Supporting the positive branding and reputational growth of CUTRIC nationally. the Operations Coordinator will carry out the following tasks in a highly independent, accountable, professional, and responsible manner.
Coordination & Scheduling Responsibilities:
- Communicating the goals of management executives to the team.
- Ensuring that all company policies and government guidelines are respected and supported throughout the organization.
- Collecting data and maintaining accurate company or departmental records.
- Providing staff with the necessary support to effectively do their jobs.
- Providing management executives timely reports that outline group productivity and workplace improvements.
- Creating, improving, and maintaining an organized system across all departments and identifying opportunities for improvement.
- Collaborate with all departments to come up with realistic and efficient improvements regularly.
- Preparing and coordinating Board, Committee and Members’ meetings logistics and materials throughout the year, including but not limited to governance Minutes, Powerpoints/Google Slide decks, Policies, and other documents as required by the C.E.O and Board of Directors.
- Assisting with Board, Committee, and Members meetings and C.E.O meeting logistics .
- Coordinating logistics for meetings of the Board, Committee, and Members meetings, including the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
- Writing, proofreading, formatting, verifying and distributing meeting Minutes for all Board, Committee, and Members meetings.
- Attending all Board, Committee, and Members meetings throughout the year in person (this may require travel outside of Ontario at times).
- Providing recommendations to the CEO on meeting governance, logistics and coordination and/or scheduling issues as required.
- Supporting the ongoing development of an improved Board Orientation & Evaluation Program.
- Supporting an iterative series of Board Strategic Planning Sessions (2020-onwards).
Meeting Logistics Responsibilities:
- Managing all digital meetings for the C.E.O, including organizing, scheduling, launching and recording Google Hangouts and Zoom teleconference calls/meetings, and/or other digital audio-visual technologies that CUTRIC utilizes to run its meetings effectively, smoothly, and professionally with a national consortium of Members and stakeholders.
- Coordinating with all staff to maintain and update relevant Lobbyist Registries nationally and regionally, as needed following C.E.O. and staff meetings with public officials.
- Planning logistics (rooms, catering, call in lines, printing, name tags, RSVPs) for all governance and stakeholder meetings, as required by the C.E.O.
- Ensuring functionality of all AV systems on days of meetings, launching AV systems and conference call-in lines, managing online attendees and presentations, and taking attendance of in person and online participants.
- Coordinating, receiving, and managing catering for all relevant events.
- Fluent English language skills required; additional fluency or a high level of competency in French.
- High-level of attention to detail and precision.
- Commitment to professionalism in written, verbal and in-person contexts.
- Commitment to confidentiality and respect for the concept of privacy within a corporation.
- Competency with audio-visual technologies and softwares with an ability to troubleshoot in real-time during multi-stakeholder meetings.
- Strong teamwork ethic.
- Commitment to working with team members locally and digitally across the country.
- A leadership mindset and proactive dynamism in problem-solving, including a willingness to think creatively and innovatively to resolve problems and overcome challenges.
- CUTRIC is seeking a candidate who does not need to be told what to do, but who takes initiative to solve problems proactively and professionally to help grow CUTRIC.
- A strong focus on time efficiency and waste reduction (in time and resources) to achieve deliverables.
Required/Preferred Education and Experience
- At least seven years of experience as an Operations Coordination position or similar roles demonstrating – in aggregate – competency and experience in the core responsibilities highlighted above.
- A college or university degree. Interdisciplinary degrees are welcomed.
- Commitment to climate change action and an interest in sustainability for the world economy or transportation.
- Evidence of an interest in lifelong learning.
- Interest in working in a small company with a highly diverse workplace – including gender, racial and religious diversity.
CUTRIC’s team has always been highly digital in nature.
Due to COVID19, CUTRIC has made the decision to work remotely and support work-from-home arrangements with all employees until December 2022 at least. The only exception to this rule may be bi-annual CUTRIC staff professional development “retreats”, which may require travel to Toronto, Montreal, or Vancouver when it is safe to do so.
The Operations Coordinator may be located anywhere in Canada as long as the candidate has continual and reasonably frequent access to high fidelity internet as 100 per cent of CUTRIC’s daily business activities are carried out digitally – including video-based digital meetings, which require high fidelity Wi-Fi.
$60,000 – $70,000 based upon years of experience and skill sets.
May 15th 2022
How to apply?
In submitting my application for a job to the Canadian Urban Transit Research & Innovation Consortium (CUTRIC), I acknowledge that I consent to receiving information from CUTRIC about its jobs, initiatives, and events.